Hey there! Have you ever felt like something is holding you back from investing and reaching your financial goals? It could be a limiting belief. You know, those thoughts that pop into your head, like “I don’t have enough money” or “I’m not good with numbers.” Trust me, you’re not alone. A lot of people have similar thoughts and it can be hard to shake them off. But here’s the thing, these beliefs are just that – beliefs. They’re not facts. And the great news is, with the right mindset and strategies, we can overcome them and take action towards achieving our financial goals.
In this post, we’ll explore common limiting beliefs, the importance of a positive money mindset, and practical steps for overcoming these beliefs and taking action toward investing. So, let’s dive in and figure out what’s holding you back so we can start working towards achieving your financial goals together.
Common Money Beliefs that hold you back (that you may not be aware of)
We all have limiting beliefs, those thoughts that pop into our heads and hold us back from taking action towards achieving our financial goals. And when it comes to investing, these limiting beliefs can be particularly detrimental. Common limiting beliefs include “I don’t have enough money”, “I’m not good with numbers”, or “I’m not smart enough to invest”. These beliefs can be deeply ingrained and difficult to change, but with the right mindset and strategies, we can overcome them.
Let me give you an example of how these limiting beliefs can hold us back. Imagine you’re a young professional who has just received a raise at work, and you’re thinking about investing some of that extra money. But then a thought pops into your head: “I don’t have enough money to invest, I need to save it all for a rainy day.” This limiting belief is preventing you from taking action towards investing and growing your wealth.
Another example, imagine you’re a retiree who wants to start investing for the first time, but you’re not confident in your math skills. You might think: “I’m not good with numbers, I’ll never be able to understand how to invest.” This limiting belief is preventing you from taking action towards investing and growing your wealth.
These limiting beliefs can be hard to shake, but it’s important to remember that they’re just that, beliefs. And they’re not facts. With the right mindset and strategies, you can overcome these limiting beliefs and take action towards achieving your financial goals.
The Importance of a Positive Money Mindset
You know what they say, “a positive mind leads to a positive life.” And the same can be said for our finances. A positive money mindset is crucial for achieving financial freedom and wealth creation. It’s the foundation that everything else is built on. It’s the starting point for making smart financial decisions, setting financial goals, and taking action towards achieving them.
But what exactly is a positive money mindset? It’s the belief that you have the ability to create wealth and financial security for yourself and your loved ones. It’s the belief that you are in control of your money and your financial future. It’s the belief that you can learn, grow and improve your financial situation.
Now, I know that developing a positive money mindset can be easier said than done. Life happens, and it can be easy to fall into the trap of negative thoughts and beliefs about money. But don’t worry, it’s never too late to change your money mindset. Here are a few tips and strategies that can help:
- Educate yourself about personal finance. The more you know about personal finance, the more confident you’ll feel about your money decisions. Take some time to read books or articles about personal finance, or listen to podcasts about money.
- Surround yourself with positive influences. The people we surround ourselves with can have a big impact on our beliefs and attitudes. Seek out people who have a positive money mindset and learn from them.
- Practice gratitude. Being grateful for what you have can help shift your focus from what you lack to what you already have. Start a gratitude journal and write down three things you’re thankful for each day.
- Challenge your limiting beliefs. If you find yourself thinking negative thoughts about money, challenge them. Ask yourself, “Is this thought true? Is there evidence to support it? Is there another way to look at this?”
- Take action. Sometimes, the best way to change your mindset is to take action towards achieving your financial goals. Start small and build momentum as you go.
Overcome limiting money beliefs (and start investing)
We’ve established that limiting beliefs can hold us back from achieving our financial goals, but how do we overcome them? Here are some practical steps you can take to overcome limiting beliefs and take action towards investing:
- Write it down. Write down your limiting belief and the evidence that supports it. Then, write down an opposing belief and evidence that supports it. This exercise will help you to see that your limiting belief may not be entirely true and that there’s another way to look at it.
- Seek help from a friend or professional. Talk to someone you trust about your limiting belief and ask for their perspective. A fresh perspective can help you to see things in a new light. If you’re struggling with a specific aspect of investing, consider seeking advice from a financial advisor or investment professional.
- Hold yourself accountable. Identify a specific action you can take to overcome your limiting belief, and hold yourself accountable to taking that action. Write it down, tell a friend or family member about it, and make sure you follow through.
- Baby steps. Start small. Open an investment account with as little as $1. The goal is to take action and build momentum, not to make a huge investment right away. You can always increase your investment later.
- Research and educate yourself. Learn as much as you can about investing and personal finance. This will help you to feel more confident and in control of your money. Follow Personal Finance blog like Harmonywithmoney.com or other podcasts at least 10mins at a time.
- Start journaling. Reflect on your progress, your thoughts, and your actions, and don’t be afraid to adjust your plan as you go. Go to our Resource Library to download free templates that will up your game.
- Be kind to yourself. Remember that change takes time and it’s okay if it doesn’t happen overnight. Be kind to yourself and don’t beat yourself up if you slip back into old patterns.
Remember, everyone has limiting beliefs at some point in their lives, but it’s important to take action to overcome them. So don’t just sit there, take the first step towards achieving your financial goals! Open that investment account, no matter how small it is, and watch your money grow. Get a friend or professional to hold you accountable and make sure you stay on track. Research and educate yourself, so you feel like a pro. And don’t forget to journal your progress, so you can look back and see how far you’ve come. Remember, change takes time and it’s okay if it doesn’t happen overnight, just don’t give up! With the right mindset and strategies, you’ll be able to overcome limiting beliefs and achieve financial freedom in no time.
In this blog post, we’ve explored the impact of money beliefs on our ability to invest and achieve our financial goals. We’ve discussed common limiting beliefs and the importance of a positive money mindset. And we’ve provided practical steps for overcoming limiting beliefs and taking action towards investing.
Investing can seem daunting, but with the right mindset and strategies, it’s within reach for everyone. Remember, the key is to start small and build momentum as you go. And if you ever feel stuck or need a little extra help, don’t hesitate to reach out to a friend or professional.
If you’re looking for more resources to help you on your journey, be sure to check out our resource library where you can download templates and other tools to help you stay on track. And if you’re feeling proud of your progress, we want to hear about it! Share your success stories with us and let us know how you’re working towards achieving your financial goals.
Remember, we’re rooting for you and we believe in your ability to overcome limiting beliefs and achieve financial freedom. So go forth and take action towards your financial goals.
Hi there, thanks for reading ! If you're interested in exploring more of my website, be sure to check out my other blog categories, where you'll find a wealth of information on a variety of topics. And if you're looking for some personalized guidance on mindset or money management, I'd love to help. Feel free to reach out to me for coaching services. I'm here to support you on your journey to living an intentional life. If you want to take your financial journey to the next level, and make extra income? Sign up for our free 7-day blog course and sign up to access to our free resources library (link below) ! It's packed with tips, tools, and templates to help you achieve financial freedom. Sign up now and let's make it happen!