When I am typing this post, it still feels unreal to me that we are already well into 2022 and 2021 has actually become a past.
To say the least 2021 has been a year of emotional roller coaster, a year of ebbs and flows and I have literally stepped out of my comfort zone to learn a lot of new things.
Of course, not everything that I learned could be well documented in just a few lines. That’s ok.
I am just hoping that I could summarize a year into some critical skills that I was able to acquire (and of course, continue to grow).
Without further ado, here is the list (not in any particular order):
- Learn a programming language, particularly Python. (You can start with Datacamp or Kaggle for baby steps)
- Learn Data Science, including statistics and Machine Learning (with University of Texas at Austin). (Learn more about the Program here) and finished at GPA of 3.95. View my Portfolio here
- Learn how to set up a website/blog on wordpress and work with various themes and themes installation and provide set up services to those who need it.
- Learn how to work with Bluehost (it’s a great hosting service, easy to use and very affordable)
- Learn a course in Blogging business with Heather- a famous lifestyle blogger who makes 30k/month
- Learn more about Blog flipping business and SOLD my first BLOG successfully
- Learn to create my own digital products out of my own needs and made sales out of them
- Learn about SEO: my website is now ranked on 1st page on Google for keyword “My Wealth Dashboard” – what a nice surprise 🙂
- Learn copywriting and leverage some specific tool for copywriting to create good content for my blogging business
- Learn to create templates and logos with Canva. With Canva Pro, I have great toolkits to accelerate my working process and create digital products
- Learn about affiliate marketing and make passive income (it’s really a great feeling to make money while you sleep)
- Learn to launch a Podcast – Coffee and Tea with Minh (you can listen to it on my website or Anchor)
- Learn to take control of my personal finance leveraging my Wealth dashboard via consistent keeping track of spending and consistent investing.
- Learn how to “farming” and “investing” with Crypto
- Relearn Crochet and create various of cute animals projects, some are selected below:
I have to say, without recounting the last year, I didn’t fully appreciate what I have learnt and the things I have achieved, big or small. Compared to several past year back in Vietnam where my main work consumed most of my time and energy plus the fact that I was also in such a comfort zone, I didn’t really bother to learn anything new (besides Watercolor).
Living in Canada, in a completely different culture and environment, has changed me for the better. For that, I am grateful, for my new home country, and for myself.
I’d love to know what skills have you acquired in the last 12 months? Do let me know in the comments, or if you want to inquire anything in the above list, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.orgHi there. Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to check out my other blog posts. If you like to have a 60’ coaching on Personal Finance or other topics, please do check out my services and Book an appointment in the Menu. If you like my blog, you can forward this post to your friend, or buy me a coffee here: